Thursday, October 2, 2008

HEADLINE: Chatting with earthandsunfolk, a shop on Etsy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


What is your stores name and what do you sell (and anything else that you wanna share about it)?



earthandsunfolk ~ eco~friendly goods



How long have you been crafting for yourself before you decided to share your designs with other?



i've always been interested in some form of art. sewing is my main focus right now and i've been doing it for about 6 years.



Where do you get your inspiration?



nature..all the beautiful things around me!



Is there a funny story where you accidentally screwed something up, but it turned out better than you planned?


(can't think of one really! yes i have made my share of mistakes though!)



Image and video hosting by TinyPic



How do you see yourself down the road?


hopefully making a good living from my work...becoming more self sufficient and living off of our own land with my family.whatever the future holds for me, it will be happy.



Do you do this for fun or for serious business?


earthandsunfolk is a seriously fun business.



Do you ever get a creative block? If yes, how frustrating is it and how do you deal with that?


i do a lot...that's probably why i work on several different pieces at once. it helps to change things up a bit.



What is one favorite thing that you made and felt bad selling it - only because you liked it so much?


i usually want to keep most of my things, but i love that something my hands created falls into other hands that appreciate it!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


What is a normal day like for you?


raising three girls and trying to keep the house from falling completely apart while i sqeeze in as much sewing and etsy time as i can....then a few hours sleep so i can start all over again!



What else interests you besides your craft?


live music...i love jambands and bluegrass and going to festivals with my family. we also love going up into the mountains and getting lost.


Is there something you would like to say as the end of the talk?


my favorite quote "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them."
~Jack Kerouac


www.earthandsunfolk.etsy.com



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments: